- calendar_today August 6, 2025
.
Nine teenagers were arrested in Florence County, South Carolina, over the June 24 shooting death of 16-year-old Trey Dean Wright of Johnsonville. According to police, the murder followed a dispute “over a girl” and was partly filmed by one of the suspects.
Florence County sheriff’s deputies found Wright dead on First Neck Road on June 24 after he was shot multiple times. The remote road is about 45 miles west of Myrtle Beach. On June 25, police arrested 19-year-old Devan Scott Raper of Conway and charged him with murder after an altercation with the teen, who was filmed by his friends.
Investigators say Raper shot Wright multiple times after the two had an escalating argument. Police have also accused several other teens of helping to lure the victim to the crime scene. Wright was said to have been walked to the spot by the other teens, where Raper, who was armed and had previously threatened to shoot the victim, was waiting.
“My poor baby is gone,” mother Ashley Lindsey said in an interview with Fox News Digital. “All this court hearing and bond court and stuff is driving me crazy. I don’t even have time to sit down and think half the time, on top of losing my precious baby.”
Florence County sheriff’s deputy Kistenmacher was also arrested and charged with being an accessory before the fact. Gianna Kistenmacher, 17, of Myrtle Beach, is Wright’s girlfriend, and police say she helped stage the encounter by bringing Raper to the crime scene and knowing that the suspect was armed and a shooting was likely to occur.
Police said they had made a series of arrests over the killing and confirmed the arrests of the nine suspects in the weeks after the shooting. “They were complicit in bringing the armed codefendant, Raper, to the incident location and knowing that there would be a confrontation,” Major Michael Nunn of the Florence County Sheriff’s Office said in an interview with WBTW-TV.
Prosecutors can Charge Teens As Adults in South Carolina.
He added that the suspects “knew that Raper had presented a firearm to the victim and made threats to shoot him, according to the arrest warrants.” Prosecutors can charge teens as adults in South Carolina, and police confirmed that five of the suspects in this case are being tried under that law.
“The hand of one being the hand of all is part of South Carolina law as well, so that’s the basis of the charge for each of those individuals,” Nunn said. The arrests of three other teens were made shortly after Raper’s detention; they include 18-year-old Hunter Kendall and Corrine Belviso, and 17-year-old Sydney Kearns. All three were charged with murder along with Raper.
Kendall, also arrested for murder, is being held without bond. Belviso and Kearns each had $20,000 surety bonds set and were released on bond last week. Police and local prosecutors are yet to provide more details as the investigation is ongoing. Florence County Sheriff T.J. Joye said the murder followed a feud over a girl, and several teens were held to blame for the victim’s death.
“The reason I think we’re here is because of the two females,” he said. “They had issues with each other, and it was over a female. The sad thing is, you’ve got a 16-year-old who lost his life. You’ve got a 19-year-old who is going to be in jail the rest of his life. Over what?”
Wright’s mother remains in mourning while criticizing the slow pace of legal actions in this case. As for the murder, she is frustrated and in disbelief to learn that her son’s girlfriend and several friends have also been accused of participating in the teen’s murder. In the wake of the shooting, the community is also grappling with issues of teenage arguments and rivalries, peer pressure, and easy access to guns.





